Update – see this important article on Adverse Yaw. I hope to add this feature soon.
Here is version 2 of my 6 Taranis Channel setup for planes such as the Bixler. New additions include volume control, black box recording ( telemetry, switches and sticks ) and a timer.
This file is strictly for OpenTX 2.x and will not work for OpenTX 1.x
Files => eepe file and instructions
I have had my FRSky Taranis for a few months now and am loving the software side of it. My son has a 6 servo bixler and I have set up a configuration on the Taranis to support trainer ( buddy ), flaps, Crow Spoilers and Reflex – mostly just to experiment. You can download the eepe file, the sounds and the instruction pdf below. I will probably blog various sections too. The latest version ( what ever that currently is ) can be found here => http://www.seancull.co.uk/taranis The key features I wanted were :
- A Motor Safety Switch
- A trainer function so that I could connect the Taranis to another buddy box via a buddy / trainer lead. I wanted to have two modes – a partial mode where I retained throttle control and a full mode where I could pass across all 4 primary functions.
- High, Medium and Low Rates with Expo
- Rudder and Aileron mixing to smooth out turns
- Flaps with elevator compensation
- Spoilers / Air Brakes / Opposing Ailerons and Flaps or Crow as the glider folks call it. Also requiring elevator compensation
- Reflex – positioning the flaps in a slightly up position – supposedly makes for more speed – I just like experimenting
- A basic “panic mode” that removes all mixes
- Dangerous functions such as flaps or spoilers should have repeating warnings to remind you they are active.
- Occasional functions should have a once off voice alert to remind you what they are – e.g. the partial trainer mode selection.
- Volume Control
If you are specifically after an F3 glider set up see Mike Shellims Configuration